Monday, February 20, 2012

Throw me something Mister..and I mean anything

So, we hear there is a Mardi Gras Festival in a small town called Beaufort so we make the drive and check it out. It is hard to live up to Mardi Gras in New Orleans but to call this Mardi Gras is an embarrassment to the name.
It was no longer than half a block long, there was food...Daddy had a muffaletta that he said was surprisingly better than he thought, I had Jambalaya that was more like a Gumbo, and since Tabasco can make anything better it was good. littleta had a sausage poyboy, really he had a sausage on a bun. For dessert we did have beignets they were good but how can you mess up begniets with the cafe du monde begniet mix? You can mess then up by charging $1 a begniet

Oh wait there was a parade....it was about 6 different groups walking down the street we did get some gum for one group. Thankfully I brought our own beads and masks. I did have to tell one lady to move as she decided to stand right in front of my 3 year old. Next year we will have to bring our ladder. Here are some pictures but they just can't explain it.

I will give them credit...the color scheme was purple, green and gold. That is all they get from this native new orleans(or as my husband would say metairie) mardi gras girl who thinks it is time to get her son to a real parade.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the masks!

Well at least they tried a little.

I'm ready for littlet&a to be exposed (no pun intended) to the realy thing.

I'll try to send our pictures from the new camera tonight.

Yaya