Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ashes & Oatmeal


Today we went and got our ashes to jump start the lenten season. I also started the morning with oatmeal, why do I feel like I have to share this information with you? Because it was nasty, I am a grits girl not an oatmeal one. The reason I am eating oatmeal is long and boring but I am trying it so hopefully it works. I did not even eat the whole bowl because it was taking me so long to eat it I was going to be late for church. So here's to ashes and oatmeal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you give up good food for lent or something? We didn't go to church and get our ashes yesterday. Jones was asking me what it means. I didn't really know except it is a symbol that you are repentant and getting ready for Easter. Any more thoughts?